Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. English language requirements. IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each element.
Months of entry
It’s an exciting time to be working in the global workplace given the changing economic climate, global and local demands to be more sustainable, and the need to respond instantly to consumer needs. Good leadership is an essential component. The global workplace requires leaders who are not only great at working with people, but who have empathy and sensitivity to the needs of diverse groups of people.
Whether you have recently graduated from an undergraduate degree or you are currently working, this course will help you to understand not only the theory that lies behind leadership, but the skills and techniques that will help you to become a good leader.
Develop your leadership style
The course will help you to understand your personal approach to leadership. We enable you to explore this over the course of a two-day leadership development residential, where you’ll work with experts in the field of global leadership. You’ll work in teams, and have the opportunity to learn through practical exercises.
We will use psychological indicators such as personality type and emotional intelligence tools to help you gain a clearer insight into ‘yourself’ and learn how you can gain the best out of working with people.
Combining the theory and practice of leadership ensures you will develop both in-depth knowledge and real-world skills. We’ll help you become a resilient and adaptable leader, and a valuable asset for any organisation.
Features and Benefits
- Grow your career – whatever your current level, you do not need any prior experience of leadership, we will provide you with all the knowledge you need.
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Practical applications – combine leadership theory with practical sessions such as the leadership development residential.
- Taught by leadership experts - learn from an international teaching team with a wide range of experience.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, innovative start-ups and established businesses, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Cutting-edge research – learn how the experts from the Decent Work and Productivity research centre provide tailor-made solutions for public and private-sector clients.
- Postgraduate Internship Programme – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969