Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent in a non-business-related subject. We’ll also welcome applications from students who have significant experience of business and management theory or practice, or the international equivalent.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification. Accepted English qualifications can be viewed here.
Months of entry
The world of business can be exciting, challenging and unpredictable. Strong management skills are in high demand to help teams navigate difficult times and make the most of new opportunities.
Of course, you’ll need to learn the theory and context to build a career as a manager or consultant. But we believe it’s how you apply that knowledge that really matters. This course is all about practical solutions to real-world problems.
A joined-up approach to your training
You’ll start by developing skills in marketing, finance, and supply chains. After building up your knowledge in these essential areas, you’ll move on to the strategies that help give organisations an edge in a global market.
Industry insight at every stage
You will start working on your career from day one, with regular contact with professionals and plenty of opportunities to work on industry projects for your portfolio. You could be helping one of the 80+ businesses based at our Innospace incubator.
You’ll also gain insight from our teaching team, who are experts in their specialisms, whether that’s advising major corporations or researching the latest management techniques.
Features and Benefits
- Industry-focused – this course has been developed with industry to make sure you learn the skills employers need.
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Practical learning – learn by solving real-world problems which bring the subject alive and help you get to grips with current issues.
- Taught by experts – hear from expert teaching staff and visiting professionals from a range of industries and backgrounds.
- Postgraduate internships – develop business relationships and hone your management skills on an additional 36-48 week internship taken as part of your course, after you have completed your taught units. Or choose an optional short-term internship in addition to your studies.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, and innovative start-ups, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Desirable skills – prepare for management roles in any sector, even if you haven’t got a business or management background.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969