You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:1 – or the international equivalent in a non-business-related subject. We’ll also welcome applications from students who have significant experience of business and management theory or practice plus a 2:2, or the international equivalent.
In addition, proficiency in English will be required to have at least IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any component.
Months of entry
The world of business can be ruthless and unpredictable. Strong management skills are in high demand to help teams navigate difficult times and make the most of new opportunities.
Of course, you’ll need to learn the theory and context to build a career as a manager or consultant. But we believe it’s how you apply that knowledge that really matters. This course is all about practical solutions to real-world problems.
A joined-up approach to your training
You’ll start by developing skills in marketing, finance, and supply chains. After building up your knowledge in these essential areas, you’ll move on to the strategies that help give organisations an edge in a global market. Then put all your new expertise to use in your final research project or dissertation.
With your optional unit, you can choose from a range of specialisms, including innovation or entrepreneurship. Or take our mini-internship option for even more work experience.
Industry insight at every stage
You’ll start working on your career from day one, with regular contact with professionals and plenty of opportunities to work on industry projects for your portfolio. You could be helping one of the 80+ businesses based at our Innospace incubator. Or doing an internship in Manchester or anywhere else in the world.
And don’t forget our teaching team – all experts in their specialisms, whether that’s advising major corporations or researching the latest management techniques.
Features and Benefits
- Industry-focused - this course has been developed with industry to make sure you learn the skills employers need.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Practical learning - learn by solving real-world problems which bring the subject alive and help you get to grips with current issues.
- Postgraduate internships – develop business relationships and hone your management skills on an optional short-term internship in addition to your studies. The course also offers the option to undertake an additional 36-48 week internship as part of your course, after you have completed your taught units.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, and innovative start-ups, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities.Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Desirable skills – management is one of the fastest growing courses in the world. Prepare for management roles in any sector, even if you haven’t got a business or management background.
- Taught by experts – hear from expert teaching staff and visiting professionals from a range of industries and backgrounds.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969