Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You'll need a good UK honours degree - at least a 2:2 - or the international equivalent in engineering, physics, mathematics, computing or equivalent. Applicants with relevant and extensive professional experience will be considered.
Months of entry
The combination of digital and physical technologies that is driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) is changing our world. Our MSc Engineering Project Management offers the opportunity to develop the management skills to implement technical strategies in projects across the Engineering industry sector.
This course explores specialist challenges to the key objectives of innovation and sustainability in the delivery of new engineering systems, products enterprise and services for Industry 4.0.
Throughout this course, you'll devlop specialist skills for the management of multidisciplinary projects along with techniques to manage the operational and developmental phases of product and system life cycles.
You'll have one optional unit that can be aligned to previous experience, e.g mechanical or electronic engineering, and will be guided to choose an individual engineering project that supports your career ambitions.
Our teaching staff come from a range of professional backgrounds with active networks in various sectors, from manufacturing engineering and environmental industries, to railways and built environment. Together, this multidisciplinary group will help you to become a rounded professional, ready to apply for engineering management roles in organisations globally.
Features and Benefits
- Professional skills – We deliver the project management principles from both the Association for Project Management (APM) UK and Project Management Institute (PMI) USA. The course content is also designed to deliver outcomes defined by The Engineering Council.
- Additional qualifications – If you want to boost your computer-aided engineering experience, we’ll help you sit the exam to become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA). We will also support you to undertake the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) professional qualification.
- Excellent facilities – We’ve got industry-standard facilities, giving you the latest tools and equipment to help you hone your practical skills.
- Experienced teaching – We have more than 60 highly respected academic staff members and post-doctoral researchers working at the forefront of their field. You’ll also be supported by an experienced technical team.
- Cutting-edge research – Our researchers are addressing the biggest challenges facing society today, from combating the adverse effects of climate change, to seeking a sustainable future and giving Industry 4.0 the tools it needs to succeed.
- Optional placement year – Boost your career prospects and put theory into practice with an industry placement.
- Friendly atmosphere – Our social learning spaces, with plenty of opportunities to mix and share experiences with colleagues, offer a warm, open environment for your studies.
- Thriving technology sector – Being in Manchester puts the largest centre for science, healthcare and engineering outside the capital on your doorstep. It’s the perfect place to pursue your career.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)161 247 6969