Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in a business, economics or finance related subject.
Months of entry
Our MSc Finance and Business course is designed to give you the chance to explore modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions.
You’ll study topics relating to international finance processes focusing on assessing performance management, risk and management accounting. Understand organisations as a whole will help you provide recommendations and make an impact.
Preparing for success in financial management
Throughout the course, we’ll develop your ability to interpret data, create reports of key findings and make recommendations to meet the needs of an organisation.
As part of a live project, we’ll match you with a real organisation. You’ll meet the client, identify key issues and scope out their business needs. Working as a team, you’ll assign roles and tasks and showcase strategies that your client can implement into their business.
When you graduate, you’ll be spoilt for choice deciding what to do next. You’ll have the skills for senior roles in global organisations, the know-how to set up your consultancy and expertise to work in a whole host of areas.
Features and Benefits
- The industry on your doorstep – Manchester is a centre for financial services, international trade and investment. It’s home to major organisations including The Co-operative Bank, KPMG, PwC and Barclays.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Live business project – during the unit Live Client Brief, you’ll act as a consultant for an established business. This will build on your project management, team working, client management and business consultancy skills.
- Access to Bloomberg – you’ll be able to use the global platform used by the world’s leading banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Postgraduate internship programme – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
- Networking opportunities – our regular employability events and industry links give you the chance to build your network. You might even be the first to hear about open positions.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries