You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent in a non-business-related subject. We’ll also welcome applications from students who have significant experience of business and management theory or practice.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification. Accepted English qualifications can be viewed here.
Months of entry
Managing teams across a business requires specific skills. On this course, you will explore management styles and how to apply them. We will also help you identify your own style and hone the skills you need to relate to employees across organisations and cultures.
This course is open to applicants from all subject areas, not just business and management. The field of management is so varied that you can adapt the skills you have learned from your previous studies to shape your future career.
Developing your career in management
You will start by developing skills in marketing, finance and supply chains. After building up your knowledge in these essential areas, you will move on to the strategies that help give organisations an edge in a global market. Then put your new expertise to use in your research project.
You will start working on your career from day one, with regular contact with professionals and plenty of opportunities to work on industry projects. You could be helping one of the 80+ businesses based at our Innospace incubator.
Features and Benefits
- Internationally recognised – our Business School is named in the QS World University Rankings 2022 for Masters in Management. We achieved this position through demonstrating a level of excellence in employability, thought leadership and diversity.
- Industry-focused – this course has been developed with industry to make sure you learn the skills employers need.
- Triple accredited – our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Practical learning – learn by solving real-world problems which bring the subjects you are studying to life.
- Industry insight – we arrange lectures from industry experts and organise live projects for you to work on. Learn what it takes to get ahead in the business world.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, and innovative start-ups, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Postgraduate internships – develop business relationships and hone your management skills with an additional 36-48 week internship, taken as part of your course once you have completed your taught units. Or, choose an optional short-term internship, offered in addition to your studies.
- Desirable skills – prepare for management roles in any sector, even if you haven’t got a business or management background.
- Taught by experts – learn from academics with experience working in industry and undertaking leading research into their field.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969