Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any subject. This course is particularly appropriate for graduates who have not previously studied a business-related subject. We will also consider your application if you do not have a degree but do have substantial management experience.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management is based on an MBA-style curriculum and is academically rigorous without neglecting the applied, practical aspects of management education. This exciting one year programme is open to all students but also suitable for graduates who have not previously studied business and management.
The programme equips you with both the foundations of business management and the most advanced tools and theories. You will have the opportunity to attend master classes given by keynote speakers from industry and have the opportunity to visit companies to see how management is practiced in industry
Course in Depth
- Business Psychology in Action
- Employee Resources, Relations and Law
- International Comparative Human Resource Management
- Creative Advertising
- Project Concepts and Practices
- Logistics and Supply Chain Concepts
- Corporate Finance and Strategy
- PgCert (60 credits)
- PgDip (120 credits)
- MSc (120 credits + 60 credit dissertation).
- You will be taught in the Business School’s £75 million teaching and research headquarters on All Saints Campus in central Manchester.
- Extensive use of the University virtual learning portal (Moodle) via the internet to provide additional learning materials, communication and also as an aid to discussions.
- Visits to local companies and opportunities to attend guest lectures.
This programme is taught at the Business School by experienced tutors drawing on their real world management experience. This course also makes extensive use of online resources to provide additional learning materials and to support course discussions. You may also visit local companies and be invited to attend guest lectures. You will be assessed by essays, examinations, presentations and multimedia assignments.
This programme aims to equip graduates with the skills needed to enter their chosen management field. Graduates from this programme are expected to use the qualification in combination with their first degree to provide a personal profile that makes them stand out from other applicants.
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For information about available funding for postgraduate study, please visit our postgraduate page: www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||34|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||33|
|Dissertation||33 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969