You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, in an accounting and finance related subject, or a degree that includes accounting content.
Applications will be considered if the applicant has significant, relevant experience or degree equivalent professional qualifications.
IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification is required.
Months of entry
Sustainable finance is at the forefront of global discussion. Government bodies, professional organisations and industry members are all trying to answer the same questions: what is sustainable finance, and how do we engage in it to support broader green agendas?
The reality is that sustainable finance is not simply one concept. It encompasses everything from carbon accounting and green investment through to environment, social and governance reporting (ESG). Investment in projects with ESG practices is on the rise, as is demand for finance professionals with expertise in this niche yet rapidly growing field.
On this course you’ll look at future concepts such as environmental economics and how to make your capital structure more sustainable. You’ll work with leading academics to explore how these concepts sit alongside traditional approaches to accounting and finance. You’ll also engage with broader concepts of sustainability, strategy and leadership so that’ll you’ll be able to integrate the learnings from this course across your career progression.
Features and Benefits
- UK top 3 sustainable university – Manchester Met has been named one of the UK’s leading sustainable universities in the People and Planet University League 2022/2023, having maintained a top-three ranking since 2013. Find out more
- Rise programme – all students are eligible to take part in curricular activities with Rise. These might include volunteering, project work and certifications. Find out more
- Triple accredited – our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Carbon literacy – during your course we’ll encourage you to complete carbon literacy training, free of charge, to complement your studies. Find out more
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969