Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must have: *An undergraduate degree from a New Zealand tertiary institution accredited to offer qualifications at this level; OR *An undergraduate degree from an overseas tertiary institution, deemed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to be of equivalent standing. OR *Equivalent practical, professional or educational experience.
English language requirements
All applicants must have a level of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those students whose first language is not English must have an international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each band) issued within the last two years or equivalent.
In exceptional circumstances, an applicant who does not meet the academic requirements may be granted entry to the programme. They must supply evidence to satisfy the Academic Committee of their ability to succeed on the programme.
Months of entry
February, May, July, September, November
Get started with Postgraduate study and pathway onto the Master of Applied Management.
Work and world ready
- Take your career to the management level
- Learn management practices to apply in your field
- Receive quality supervision from leading industry practitioners
- Meet industry experts from a wide range of sectors
- Achieve a coursework Masters with a practical focus and industry
You will learn
- How to build a strong organisation on a large scale
- Effective ways to guide your people through change
- Techniques for managing complexity
- How to profit from current and future technologies
All degree holders are eligible to apply
NMIT offers open entry for holders of a degree in any subject area.
Pathway onto our Master programme
A student pursuing the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management is required to complete four core courses and two to four electives across a range of areas. Add just two terms* (< six months) with a research pathway and you can graduate with a Master of Applied Management.
*International students require a new visa if they choose to add two terms to their study to graduate with a Master of Applied Management.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details