A 2:1 honours degree and usually a good master's degree in a subject related to one of the discipline areas covered by the School of Modern Languages. You are required to attend an interview, which may be conducted via Skype if necessary.
Months of entry
- history of translation
- psycholinguistics of interpreting and translating
- translating literature
- translation and culture; translation and ethics/ideology/power
- translation products, processes and strategies
- translator and interpreter training and assessment
- reflective/autonomous learning and educational psychology.
We can offer support for projects involving English plus the following languages:
- Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian
Further information on staff specialisms can be found on the School of Modern Languages website.
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 8 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our programme fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Modern Languages
- +44 (0) 191 208 5867