Applicants should normally have a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree or equivalent, or substantial experience of working in a business organisation.
Months of entry
Join our stimulating MSc Marketing course and tailor your course to suit your needs. Explore the fundamental principles of marketing alongside contemporary issues – How do marketers measure the effectiveness of their campaigns? What are the challenges of successfully launching a brand across cultures? What influences consumers’ choice and preference of one product/brand over the others? This Masters will allow you to pursue your interests and specialise in an area of your choice.
In an age where marketing budgets are rising but consumers are growing more resistant to advertising, our MSc Marketing course will prepare you for the modern challenges of the marketing profession. You will develop a sophisticated understanding of the central role marketing plays in contemporary business strategy. Whether you have an undergraduate business or non-business background, this specialist Masters will equip you with advanced marketing knowledge and the key management capabilities that will ensure you make an immediate impact in the workplace.
Key advantages of this course:
- Provides up-to-date knowledge with a real emphasis on practical marketing solutions
- The course is built around the requirements of two significant professional bodies; the Chartered Institute of marketing (CIM) and the Marketing Research Society (MRS) meaning that the course will allow you to demonstrate your learning is in line with professional benchmarks within the marketing field
- In semester 2, you will have the chance to select marketing modules in areas such as; consumption, global marketplaces and branding,allowing you to focus on an area of interest or expertise
- You will have the opportunity to opt for a traditional marketing dissertation on an area of your choosing, or work in teams at our award-winning Business Clinic providing professional guidance to a real organisation on existing business problems
- This course provides professional value and intellectual challenge and encourages critical thinking, creative problem solving and effective communication in what is a fast pace, evolving industry
- Develop assessment work in a variety of formats from business reports to infographics, providing the skills needed to communicate your ideas to employers
- Take advantage of our links with industry; attend guest speaker events; take part in competitions and learn from our marketing alumni that have gone on to have inspirational marketing careers
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 0191 406 0901