You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) in a Business and Management-related subject.
You must have studied Economics to at least undergraduate level two and Quantitative Methods including Statistical Theory to undergraduate level one.
One academic or vocational reference is required.
Months of entry
Our MSc Economics degree has been designed to give you an in-depth understanding of economic concepts, principles and techniques by focusing on the application of economics to contemporary real-world issues. You will be encouraged to ‘think like an economist’ through the application of economic ideas and methods drawn from a range of alternative perspectives. By studying economics here, the focus will be on application and the development of critical thinking.
You’ll learn how to apply advanced economic concepts and techniques to a range of contemporary issues, many of which directly impact on our daily lives. We aim to develop your understanding of a range of theories and tools, and you’ll critique their use in helping to understand important issues of the day. You’ll have the opportunity to work hands-on with economic tools and techniques, including the use of our state-of the-art Trading Room.
Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in financial and business education – an Economics degree from NTU gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
Why choose this degree?
- The degree has been designed to give you an in-depth understanding of economic concepts, principles and techniques, by focusing on the application of economics to contemporary real-world issues.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You’ll complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- 44 (0)115 484 4460