You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) in a Business and Management-related subject.
You must have studied Economics to at least undergraduate level two and Quantitative Methods including Statistical Theory to undergraduate level one.
One academic or vocational reference is required.
Months of entry
Our MSc Economics degree has been designed to give you an in-depth understanding of economic concepts, principles and techniques by focusing on the application of economics to contemporary real-world issues. You will be encouraged to ‘think like an economist’ through the application of economic ideas and methods drawn from a range of alternative perspectives. By studying economics here, the focus will be on application and the development of critical thinking.
You’ll learn how to apply advanced economic concepts and techniques to a range of contemporary issues, many of which directly impact on our daily lives. We aim to develop your understanding of a range of theories and tools, and you’ll critique their use in helping to understand important issues of the day. You’ll have the opportunity to work hands-on with economic tools and techniques, including the use of our state-of the-art Trading Room.
Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in financial and business education – an Economics degree from NTU gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
Why choose this degree?
- The degree has been designed to give you an in-depth understanding of economic concepts, principles and techniques, by focusing on the application of economics to contemporary real-world issues.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You’ll complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Fees and funding
The course fees are:
- £9,500 (one year full-time)
- £10,885 (£9,500 in Year One and £1,385 in Year Two)
The government introduced a new postgraduate loan scheme for Master degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs. Find out more on our postgraduate loans page
NTU is pleased to offer a number of scholarships worth up to the value of half your tuition fee. These scholarships are available to students who have been made an offer of a place to study on an eligible postgraduate Masters course starting in September 2018 and the scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
We award these competitive scholarships to students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- 44 (0)115 484 4460