- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.1 or above) containing some evidence of quantitative ability.
- Applicants will require a solid foundation on quantitative methods that could have been acquired through modules completed during their undergraduate studies. Some examples of these modules can be: Statistics, quantitative methods, financial mathematics, data analytics, and any coding-related modules.
- One academic reference is required.
Months of entry
Our MSc FinTech and Financial Markets degree is designed to provide you with an understanding of contemporary issues and conceptual frameworks used to adopt financial technology in organisations. You’ll build a solid foundation of global financial markets, principles of FinTech and Blockchain as well as coding and data analytics for finance and FinTech.
This course will enable you to become a finance professional who understands what is driving the FinTech evolution, with the ability to shape financial markets and transform ideas to create new FinTech products. The course will equip you with coding and data analytics skills to understand FinTech products and their place in financial markets.
Our FinTech and Financial Markets course has been created in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Finance (CFA). The modules are aligned with the institution’s own qualifications, which you can work towards upon completion of your degree.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
This course aims to:
- develop your comprehensive understanding of the principles of FinTech and Blockchain and a solid theoretical background in finance.
- apply knowledge, tools and techniques to resolve issues in new and diverse situations within FinTech and the Finance discipline.
- understand a range of technologies that can be used to drive financial innovation and be able to use creativity and intellectual curiosity to apply your knowledge.
- combine FinTech and mainstream finance content. This balanced approach allows you to develop a comprehensive understanding of FinTech combined with solid foundations on financial theories and models.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our international entry requirements page.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our English language page.
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please visit Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page. If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit our pre-sessional English course page.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
If you opt for the two-year option you can add a year’s work placement onto your course. It’s a great way to put your learning into practice and gain valuable real-world experience to help boost your career prospects once graduating.
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4200