You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). Your undergraduate degree should either be in Accounting, Finance or in a business and management related subject with a substantial accounting and finance element.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
A fundamental requirement of any successful organisation is to be able to manage its accounting and financial activities efficiently and effectively. This requirement has become more obvious in recent times as organisations have faced turbulent economic conditions, lending difficulties, risk management issues and the criticisms of governance.
Our MSc Finance and Accounting degree is designed to enable you to become a critical member of an organisation’s core management team. Your first semester develops a strong core knowledge of institutional, accounting and financial modelling frameworks. You'll explore the operation of markets, their major participants and the regulatory environment, as well as building a firm understanding of corporate finance, basic accounting and financial analysis. Overall, this course is designed to reflect on, the main issues in accounting and finance and aims to develop knowledge and understanding, using theoretical and empirical literature, case studies and interactive learning and teaching.
Our Finance and Accounting degree has been created in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Finance (CFA). The modules you study will also contribute towards the Institute's own qualifications, which you can work towards upon completion of your degree.
Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in finance and business education. A finance degree from us gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
Why choose this degree?
- The degree will help you to understand and apply traditional and current theoretical principles, models and frameworks to strategic accounting and strategic financial management.
- It is run by tutors who have both academic and practical industry experience in finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Information for international students
You'll need to meet the minimum English entry requirement for your chosen course to qualify to study here at NTU. The requirements for all our courses are listed on our English language pages.
Fees and funding
Bursaries and funding are available after acceptance onto the course.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4460