You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). Your undergraduate degree should either be in Accounting, Finance or in a business and management related subject with a substantial accounting and finance element.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
A fundamental requirement of any successful organisation is to be able to manage its accounting and financial activities efficiently and effectively. This requirement has become more obvious in recent times as organisations have faced turbulent economic conditions, lending difficulties, risk management issues and the criticisms of governance.
Our MSc Finance and Accounting degree is designed to enable you to become a critical member of an organisation’s core management team. Your first semester develops a strong core knowledge of institutional, accounting and financial modelling frameworks. You'll explore the operation of markets, their major participants and the regulatory environment, as well as building a firm understanding of corporate finance, basic accounting and financial analysis. Overall, this course is designed to reflect on the main issues in accounting and finance and aims to develop knowledge and understanding, using theoretical and empirical literature, case studies and interactive learning and teaching.
Our Finance and Accounting degree has been created in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Finance (CFA). The modules you study will also contribute towards the Institute's own qualifications, which you can work towards upon completion of your degree.
Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in finance and business education. A finance degree from us gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
Why choose this degree?
- The degree will help you to understand and apply traditional and current theoretical principles, models and frameworks to strategic accounting and strategic financial management.
- It is run by tutors who have both academic and practical industry experience in finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship and Business Research Project.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
This course will now be starting in January 2021.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4200