Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A minimum of a third class honours degree or equivalent;and
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at minimum grade C or equivalent, We accept the GCSE equivalency taken via equivalencytesting.com or astarequivalency.co.uk. Applicants with pending qualifications will be considered;
- one year’s work experience in a related role; current employment in a related field; and
- an interview; and
- a Disclosure and Barring Service check; and
- a Childcare disqualification check; and
- a Prohibition Order check; and
- a satisfactory health declaration.
You will complete a diagnostic assessment of your fundamental English and mathematics skills at interview. This will inform any development that you need to undertake leading up to and during your training. There is no longer a requirement to complete Department for Education Professional Skills Tests.
Months of entry
This one year, part-time course is ideal if you are employed in an Early Years setting and leads to Teachers' Standard (Early Years) Award. Specifically focussed on the 0 - 5 age range, the course builds your understanding of the theory, policy and practice of working with very young children. It equips you to meet all the Teachers' Standards (Early Years) whilst developing your leadership and management skills to continually review, reflect and improve your professional practice.
Fast-track to a Masters degree
At the end of each module you have the choice to submit your assignment for assessment for up to 60 Masters-level credits.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200