Applicants will need to hold an undergraduate qualification with RIBA/ARB Part 1 status.
Students on this programme are expected to be in either architectural practice, relevant qualified employment or voluntary work, as detailed by ARB/RIBA for PEDR purposes.
Months of entry
This course is designed to support graduates from a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Part 1 accredited qualification in architecture, who are undertaking experience in professional practice, prior to entry on a Part 2 course.
The course aims to provide easy access to professional, work-related and educational advice, at the same time as monitoring and helping you interpret your practice-based experience. This is recognised by the RIBA and the Architects Registration Board (ARB) as part of the UK system for ensuring high quality entrants to the profession. Whilst not a mandatory requirement for progression, it's an excellent opportunity for formal support from leading academics.
Why study this course
- Benefit from full NTU student status - enrolment on this course entitles you to use of the University's industry-standard facilities, library and learning spaces.
- Develop your personal design style, supported by a University with a strong design heritage; NTU began life as the Nottingham Government School of Design in 1843. Your learning is also underpinned by the School’s significant expertise as a built environment educator.
- Access NTU's NOW e-platform, a space to share relevant content and facilitate discussion with your peers. You'll also be encouraged to communicate regularly with your Professional Studies Advisor, either face-to-face or by email.
- Take advantage of NTU's expert Employability team, who can assist with refining your CV, developing professional skills, and sourcing relevant employment opportunities.
- Benefit from a peer-to-peer support network, facilitated by a series of recall days that you'll be invited to attend. Have the opportunity to meet with other practising professionals at a similar career stage, expanding you industry network.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- NTU Admissions
- +44 (0)115 848 4200