Applicants will need to hold an undergraduate qualification with RIBA/ARB Part 1 status.
Students on this programme are expected to be in either architectural practice, relevant qualified employment or voluntary work, as detailed by ARB/RIBA for PEDR purposes.
Months of entry
This course is designed to support graduates from a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Part 1-accredited qualification in architecture, who are undertaking experience in professional practice, prior to entry on a Part 2 course.
The course aims to provide easy access to professional, work-related and educational advice, at the same time as monitoring and helping you interpret your practice-based experience. The programme is optional and therefore not a mandatory requirement to progress on to a Part 2 course. However, it is recognised by the RIBA and Architects Registration Board (ARB), as part of the UK system for ensuring high quality entrants to the profession.
Why study this course?
- Benefit from full NTU student status - enrolment on this course entitles you to use of the University's industry-standard facilities, libraries and learning spaces.
- Develop your personal design style, supported by a University with a strong design heritage; NTU began life as the Nottingham Government School of Design in 1843. Your learning is also underpinned by the School’s significant expertise as a built environment educator.
- Access NTU's NOW e-platform, a space to share relevant content and facilitate discussion with your peers. You'll also be encouraged to communicate regularly with your Professional Studies Advisor, either face-to-face or by email.
- Take advantage of NTU's expert Employability team, who can assist with refining your CV, developing professional skills, and sourcing relevant employment opportunities.
- Benefit from a peer-to-peer support network, facilitated by a series of recall days that you'll be invited to attend. Have the opportunity to meet with other practising professionals at a similar career stage, expanding you industry network.
You might also be interested in
- We offer an MArch Architecture course here at NTU, which satisfies the educational requirements for the RIBA Part 2. It is prescribed the ARB for the purpose of entry on to the UK Register of Architects.
- If you’re interested in pursuing a career as an architect, you will need to complete an ARB/RIBA Part 1 qualification, before progressing to our MArch Architecture course for Part 2. We offer a BArch (Hons) Architecture qualification at NTU to fulfil the education requirements for Part 1, which is studied full-time over three years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- NTU Admissions
- +44 (0)115 9418 418