Applicants require a 2.2 honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant (cognate or semi-cognate) discipline, including, but not limited to: architecture, interior architecture, or building surveying. Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
If your initial application is successful, you'll be asked to upload a digital portfolio of your work to the University.
Months of entry
Our Masters course in Interior Architecture and Design offers a multi-dimensional platform that explores and interrogates crucial discussions surrounding interior, spatial, and architectural design. Now more than ever this specialised intersection is essential to redefining how we interact with the worlds around us; from the immediately personal, to the collectively experiential.
Within the studio-centric culture you will have the opportunity to develop through a combination of explorative design projects and skill-based modules. Throughout the programme, you will work on a structured series of theoretical designs to investigate methodologies in context, focusing on the interrogation, manipulation, and definition of space.
Studio projects are introduced sequentially throughout the year and each one will examine differing scales, combinations, and typological genres within the thematic context of interior architecture and design. Across all projects, an emphasis on research is used as an informing platform for independent exploration and discussion, enabling varied and unique responses to each brief.
Who is this course designed for?
The course is tailored for graduates in the wider and associated field of interior architecture and design but is equally available to professionals and graduates of a related profession irrespective of background.
The course is fundamentally created for those share a passion in progressing architectural design and a desire to interrogate and develop the future of what the interior might be. It is a platform for expression, creativity, and crucial thinking alike, and we encourage everyone who joins the MA in Interior Architecture and Design to challenge the very nature of course itself.
Visit our Interior Architecture and Design Student Showcase, an online exhibition celebrating the work of our Class of 2022.
- Based in our Grade II listed Gothic Revival style Arkwright building, you’ll work with industry-standard facilities, including specialist studios and a dedicated model-making workshop.
- Benefit from our team of experienced academic staff who have established links to the profession and significant experience working in varied practices.
- Showcase your work at our annual NTU Degree Show and other external shows, attended by architecture professionals, industry experts and potential employers.
- 100% of MA Interior Architecture and Design students are satisfied with the quality of their course (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, 2022)
Fees and funding
Please visit our course page for latest course fees and funding opportunities.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- NTU Admissions
- +44 (0)115 848 4200