Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need an honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience and to supply examples of your work.
Months of entry
This specialist, flexible part-time course provides the opportunity for you to explore and develop your own specialism within Fashion, Textiles or Knitwear Design. At the start of the course you will devise an individual project which can be commercial or conceptual in its focus. Your project may be based on your own design and career aspirations, links with industry, or an investigation into the intersections between fashion, interiors, art and fabrication.
- Study on a part-time basis, and complete modules sequentially or independently (depending on your current qualifications).
- Benefit from lectures by researchers and visiting designers working in industry such as Jo Cope, Simeon Farrar, Professor Jane Harris, Moxham, Karen Nicol, and Christopher Raeburn.
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Have the opportunity to join a European study visit to Antwerp and Paris.
- Take advantage of our extensive links with industry.
- Be selected to exhibit your work at New Designers in London.
- Opt for a 20 credit point advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
- We are proud to be ranked 13th in the UK for Art and Design (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
Your space to create at NTU - We’re committed to helping you explore, expand and refine your craft, as you discover new creative horizons with some truly great tools, equipment and workspaces. Visit our facilities hub at www.ntu.ac.uk/artfacilities to find out more.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200