Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need a 2.2 honours degree and a personal statement.
Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
You are asked to use your Personal Statement to illustrate your knowledge and perspective on an aspect of the fashion industry.This should be related to the course and could include product development, supply chain, marketing, forecasting, consumer behaviour or the financial aspects of fashion as well as many other topics
Months of entry
As the third industrial revolution gathers pace, the practice of fashion marketing and the roles associated with the sector are rapidly evolving. Our MA Fashion Marketing course examines new and emerging marketing methods and processes, and established practice from an international perspective.
You’ll gain insight into the commercial and creative world of marketing through the lens of fashion insiders and specialist academic staff. The curriculum focuses on strategic marketing concepts for digital and physical fashion arenas, and includes strategic and critical marketing, consumer behaviour and psychology, international culture and marketing environments, competition strategies, semiotic analysis, business intelligence, performance measurement, and marketing ethics.
Your knowledge and understanding of the subject will be enhanced by advanced marketing research and analytical skills, and fashion marketing theory.
You'll learn alongside students from MA International Fashion Management, MA Fashion Communications, MA Luxury Fashion Brand Management courses and have the option to transfer MA titles if your specialism changes.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of new and established marketing practice across different areas of the fashion industry, and choose your specialist focus
- Combine marketing practices and theoretical related studies
- Select from a range of possible outputs to reflect your individual career aspirations or to support a business start-up
- Benefit from industry speakers such as senior marketing executives from leading fashion brands
- Attend workshops to enhance your research skills, acquire relevant software skills like Adobe InDesign, and gain support for your personal career planning.
- Work individually and as a team in a challenging, creative and multicultural environment within the School of Art & Design
- Gain a globally recognised academic qualification in conjunction with personal and professional development for employability and entrepreneurship.
- Go on study trips to international fashion capitals like Paris, Copenhagen, Antwerp and New York
- Prepare for further postgraduate study, such as PhD.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200