This programme is open to graduates from any discipline and does not require marketing study to be completed at undergraduate level.
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). One academic reference is required. If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Months of entry
Creative marketers are in high demand as organisations, brands and agencies look for fresh perspectives on how to tackle existing and emerging challenges faced today. With the rapid inception of new technologies and channels, and changes in consumer behaviours and perceptions, the industry needs new thinking. Created in close consultation with senior marketing professionals and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), our MSc Advertising and Marketing Communications degree will prepare you for the dynamic world of marketing communications, equipped with the skills, knowledge and confidence to make your mark.
- a Graduate Gateway accreditation from the CIM which means you will have the option to gain a second professional qualification - the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing.
- the opportunity to attend different advanced workshops with our industry partners and expert practitioners, where you will sharpen your practical skills.
- knowledge and understanding on how organisations develop marketing communications strategies and implement relevant tactics to enhance their brand reputation.
- knowledge of the marketing communications mix and an applied knowledge of how to apply its elements in different circumstances.
- a comprehensive knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and communications strategy development process.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
If you opt for the two-year option you can add a year’s work placement onto your course. It’s a great way to put your learning into practice and gain valuable real-world experience to help boost your career prospects once graduating. Completion of a placement means you'll also qualify for a Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience.
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- 0115 848 4200