Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Our MSc Marketing degree will help you become a market-ready professional with a global outlook, equipped for a successful career in marketing, business or management. Created in close consultation with the marketing industry and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), it develops the strengths, abilities and understanding today's marketing employers are looking for.
You'll explore the fundamental issues and concepts of marketing practice, before learning about consumer buying behaviour and the factors that influence it. You'll also take a holistic view of an organisation and how it attempts to develop marketing strategy in a challenging global environment.
As a student of MSc Marketing, you’ll automatically become a student member of the CIM, allowing you to access their learning resources and events.
Designed for aspiring marketers
This course is aimed at students from a range of backgrounds who don't necessarily have a background in marketing. Whether you want to work for a major international organisation or small-scale start-ups, our MSc Marketing degree will ensure you learn the theory, tools and techniques needed to develop into an effective marketing professional ready to operate at strategic and tactical levels in industry.
Why study this degree?
- We are ranked Top 20 for Marketing in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- You'll gain a Graduate Gateway accreditation from the CIM which means you will have the option to gain exemptions towards professional qualifications - the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing and the Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing.
- There will be the opportunity to attend different advanced workshops with our industry partners and expert practitioners, where you will sharpen your practical skills.
- You will complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship and Business Research Project.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
NBS is accredited by EQUIS and AACSB, which are internationally recognised hallmarks of excellence and quality for business education.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200