You will need an honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience, and examples of your work.
Months of entry
We have over 40 years of expertise in fashion design, and this course has been designed to help you to develop your creative, academic and professional potential. You’ll devise an individual programme of study, in the form of a project, which could be focused on your career aspirations, or an experimental investigation into fashion, art and fabrication. We will support you through flexible and responsive teaching and learning, helping you to explore and challenge the limits of fashion design.
- Devise an individual programme of study, based on your own interests and career aspirations.
- Receive workshops in 2D / 3D design, silhouette generation, creative pattern cutting and fashion visualisation.
- Apply for one of our Paul Smith Scholarships and have the opportunity to travel to Japan and study at Bunka Fashion College in Tokyo.
- Benefit from visiting professionals from industry such as Simeon Farrar, Jo Cope, Moxham, Christopher Raeburn, and Sir Tom Baker.
- Have the opportunity to join a European study trip to Antwerp and Paris.
- Take advantage of our extensive links with industry.
- Have the opportunity to exhibit your work at New Designers in London.
- Work alongside other Fashion, Textiles and Knitwear Design students in our dedicated postgraduate studio.
- Opt for a 20 credit point advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you will need to meet our requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time11 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Art & Design Postgraduate Office
- +44 (0) 115 848 8434