2.2 honours degree in a related subject. Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This course gives you the opportunity to explore and develop your skills in the specialist areas of printed, embroidered, knitted, woven, laser cut or multimedia textiles. You'll devise an individual project and we will support your creative thinking and experimentation, helping you to develop new or smart design concepts, fabrications and prototypes. Our extensive textile design facilities will give you the opportunity to use a range of traditional and computerised technologies.
- Devise an individual programme of study, based on your own interests and career aspirations.
- Apply for one of our Paul Smith Scholarships and have the opportunity to travel to Japan and study at Bunka Fashion College in Tokyo.
- Have access to a wide range of traditional and digital textile design equipment, including laser cutting, multi-head embroidery, Jacquard weaving, and Shima Seiki and Stoll power knitting.
- Benefit from the expertise of our academic staff, researchers and visiting designers such as Dr Sarah Kettley, Karen Nicol, Angharad Mclaren, Ryan Wayne, Professor Jane Harris, Jo Cope and Moxham.
- Have the opportunity to join a European study trip to Antwerp and Paris.
- Be selected to exhibit at New Designers in London, and SPINEXPO in Shanghai, China.
- Work alongside other Fashion, Textiles and Knitwear Design students in our dedicated postgraduate studio.
- Opt for a 20 credit point advanced research module if you're thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you will need to meet our requirements.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Art & Design Postgraduate Office
- +44 (0) 115 848 8434