2.2 honours degree in a related subject and a creative portfolio. Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This course gives you the opportunity to explore and develop your skills in the specialist areas of printed, embroidered, knitted, woven, laser cut or multimedia textiles. You'll devise an individual project and we will support your creative thinking and experimentation, helping you to develop new or smart design concepts, fabrications and prototypes.
We will support your creative thinking and experimentation, helping you to develop your research and practice, leading to the development of new or smart design concepts, fabrications and prototypes. Our extensive textile design facilities will give you the opportunity to use a range of traditional and computerised technologies.
- Work alongside other MA Fashion, Textiles and Knitwear Design students in our dedicated postgraduate studio
- Have access to a wide range of traditional and digital textile design equipment, including laser cutting, multi-head embroidery, screen, digital and 3D printing, Jacquard weaving, and Shima Seiki and Stoll power knitting
- Benefit from the professional expertise of our academic staff, researchers and visiting designers such as Orsola de Castro, Dr. Katherine Townsend, Karen Nicol, Kit Miles, Lisa Salama, Hannah Croft, Angharad Mclaren, Jo Cope, and Moxham
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds
- Have the opportunity to visit London and join European study trips to Florence, Antwerp and Paris
- Take advantage of our excellent industry links
- Be selected to exhibit at New Designers in London and have an opportunity to be selected for TexSelect (formerly Texprint)
- Opt for a 20 credit point advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200