Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience, and examples of your work.
Months of entry
Our MA Fashion Knitwear Design course will encourage you to innovate through experimental research and practice to develop a forward-thinking and challenging approach to realise advances and new directions in fashion knitwear. Through working closely with dedicated expert academic, technical and research staff, you'll enhance and develop new and advanced specialist knowledge and skills for knitted textiles and fashion knitwear design.
With more than 30 years’ experience and an international reputation for excellence in fashion knitwear design, we will support you through ﬂexible and responsive teaching and learning, helping you to explore and challenge the limits of fashion knitwear design.
- Work in our outstanding knit facilities, with access to hand ﬂat and power knitting machines, including Shima Seiki and Stoll
- Have space to work in our dedicated postgraduate studio, alongside other MA Fashion, Textiles and Knitwear Design students
- Benefit from the professional expertise of our academic staff, researchers and visiting designers such as Orsola de Castro, Juliana Sissons, Jo Cope, David Telfer, Moxham, and Christopher Raeburn
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds
- Have the opportunity to visit London and join European study trips to Florence, Antwerp and Paris
- Have the opportunity to apply for specialist bursaries including ‘The Worshipful Company of Framework Knitters’ and sponsorship of yarns through links with industry and individual networking opportunities
- Be selected to exhibit at New Designers in London and have an opportunity to be selected for TexSelect (formerly Texprint)
- Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
- We are proud to be ranked 13th in the UK for Art and Design (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
Your space to create at NTU
We’re committed to helping you explore, expand and refine your craft, as you discover new creative horizons with some truly great tools, equipment and workspaces. Visit our facilities hub at www.ntu.ac.uk/artfacilities to find out more.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time11 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200