You will need a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience, and examples of your work.
Months of entry
With more than 30 years' experience and an international reputation for excellence in fashion knitwear design, this course will encourage you to innovate through experimental research and practice. You'll devise an individual project, which could be focused around your career aspirations, or an experimental investigation into art, science and fabrication. We will support you with flexible and responsive teaching, helping you to explore and challenge the limits of fashion knitwear design.
- Devise an individual programme of study, based on your own interests and career aspirations.
- Receive workshops in Computer Aided Design (CAD) knit, 2D / 3D design generation, creative pattern cutting, and fashion visualisation.
- Apply for one of our Paul Smith Scholarships and have the opportunity to travel to Japan and study at Bunka Fashion College in Tokyo.
- Work in our extensive facilities with access to hand flat and power knitting machines, including Shima Seiki and Stoll.
- Benefit from the expertise of our academic staff, researchers and visiting designers such as Juliana Sissons, Simeon Farrar, Jo Cope, Moxham, and Christopher Raeburn.
- Have the opportunity to join a European study trip to Antwerp and Paris.
- Be selected to exhibit your work at New Designers in London, and SPINEXPO in Shanghai, China.
- Work alongside other Fashion, Textiles and Knitwear Design students in our dedicated postgraduate studio.
- Opt for a 20 credit point advanced research module if you're thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you will need to meet our requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Art & Design Postgraduate Office
- +44 (0) 115 848 8434