You will need a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience, and a creative portfolio.
Months of entry
This practice-led MA in Fashion and Creative Pattern Cutting will encourage creative thinking, experimentation and problem-solving to develop practical skills and innovative approaches to pattern cutting and garment design. While exploring and advancing knowledge of historical and traditional cutting techniques, you will become conversant with specialist digital technologies and incorporate it within practice.
This specialist course is designed to enable the advancement of creative and technical knowledge and skills that are essential in industry, whether for a chosen career within pattern cutting, design, designer/maker or a practice-led research path.
- Work in our extensive fashion design studios with industry-standard equipment and our expert teaching team
- Take part in a wide range of workshops and demonstrations
- Have the opportunity to go on study visits to costume archives, museums and design exhibitions
- Choose to collaborate with industry for your personal project. Recent student-led collaborations include Berghaus and Mountain Equipment
- Work with Illustrator, InDesign and LECTRA in our Computer Aided Design (CAD) suite.
- We are proud to be ranked 13th in the UK for Art and Design (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
Your space to create at NTU
We’re committed to helping you explore, expand and refine your craft, as you discover new creative horizons with some truly great tools, equipment and workspaces. Visit our facilities hub at www.ntu.ac.uk/artfacilities to find out more.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time11 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 2999