Applicants require a 2.1 honours degree in a related subject. Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This unique course gives you the opportunity to become an expert in understanding trends and meanings in visual and material culture. In particular, those aspects which are defined by their appearance, affected by fashion, and which communicate ideas and values through stylistic choices
- Study on a full-time or part-time basis, with flexible teaching and learning.
- Negotiate your projects to reflect your personal and professional aspirations.
- Learn through an innovative curriculum, studying across fields and genres, focusing on key themes within visual and material culture.
- Gain an understanding of the political, social, environmental and ethical implications of style culture.
- Learn to communicate your ideas about culture in a professional way, through media like academic conference papers, documentaries, and journalistic articles.
- Attend workshops for creative thinking, writing for different audiences and media, and relevant software like Adobe InDesign.
- Develop your practical skills in the basics of mobile journalism and communications.
- Take part in live briefs and collaborations, allowing you to network and gain experience.
- Benefit from guest speakers who will share their specialist knowledge, challenge perspectives, and give insight into current cultural developments.
- Prepare for further study, such as a PhD.
Fees and funding
Preparing for the financial side of student life is important, but there's no need to feel anxious and confused about it. We hope that our fees and funding pages will answer all your questions.
Alumni Loyalty Scheme
We're happy to be able to offer a 25% fee discount to most current NTU students and recent NTU graduates. See if you're eligible.
The government introduced a new postgraduate loans scheme in the 2016/17 academic year for Masters degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs.
We are offering a number of scholarships for Masters study.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Art & Design Postgraduate Office
- 0115 848 8434