A minimum 2.2 honours degree or a postgraduate diploma or equivalent in civil engineering or an appropriate built environment subject area.
We also welcome applications for this course from non-standard applicants who have substantial experience in civil engineering and/or the built environment which demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree level; the University will assess candidates of this nature on an individual basis. Candidates with unconventional qualifications may be invited for interview.
Months of entry
Focused on enhancing the key management skills required of leaders in civil engineering and construction, this course explores the sustainability, management and environmental impact of structural engineering and the applied technical themes within the field.
Applying engineering principles in structural and building construction, you’ll gain an understanding of, and competence in, the design, management and construction of structures. Developing an advanced approach to research methods, you’ll practice your knowledge on the continually changing issues in civil engineering project management, design and construction.
Who is this course designed for?
Our MSc Structural Engineering with Management course is suitable for professionals working in construction-related industries, who aspire to senior management positions. Additionally, it's suitable for BSc (Hons) and BEng (Hons) undergraduate students in related subject areas, looking to progress to study a technical postgraduate programme. The skills and knowledge gained on this course opens up opportunities for application to senior technical and middle/senior management positions.
- This degree is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) and recognised as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree. See the JBM website for further information.
- Benefit from expert academic staff with links to industry and significant experience of working in practice. Most staff teaching on the course are members of professional institutions relating to civil engineering, and participate in industrial activities, consultancy and research, ensuring course content allies with current industry practice.
- Advance your technical abilities in our industry-standard facilities in our Maudslay building, located right in the heart of Nottingham’s city centre, with support by our team of expert technicians.
- Our study routes support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study. Significant academic support and guidance is in place to help students returning to study after extended periods in employment.
The course is accredited, under license from the Engineering Council, by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM), which represents the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) and the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT). The course is due for reaccreditation by the JBM during the 2021/22 academic year to cover intakes from 2022 onwards.
Fees and funding
Please visit the course page for the latest course fees and funding opportunities.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- NTU Admissions
- +44 (0)115 848 2999