Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/ or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
Months of entry
This practice-based course is designed to develop the commercial, technical and creative skills to support a career within the commercial photographic industry. Your coursework will be comprised of a self-initiated project in relation to your individual subject interests, as well as live briefs set by staff. Collaborative projects will allow you to develop a substantial body of work, and enable you to embark upon your chosen area of commercial practice.
The course places a focus on employability and entrepreneurship, and is designed for you to undertake either a work placement or a live project with industry. This could take place in the UK or overseas.
Our Photography staff have expertise across a wide range of specialist photographic practices, and will support with you with flexible and responsive teaching and learning.
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
- Choose to develop a specialised practice, for example fashion, advertising and editorial, or documentary photography
- Undertake an industry work placement or live project, in the UK or overseas
- Enjoy technical and production workshops to help develop your existing skills
- Have the opportunity to exhibit your work publicly
- Benefit from our staff’s international links and contacts across Europe
- Take advantage of our excellent industry links, including companies such as Phase One, Genesis Imaging, Profoto, Wex Photographic, and Red Photographic
- Join the 75 years’ worth of NTU graduates who have achieved success, won awards, or otherwise distinguished themselves in the field of photography
- We are proud to be ranked 13th in the UK for Art and Design (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
Your space to create at NTU
We’re committed to helping you explore, expand and refine your craft, as you discover new creative horizons with some truly great tools, equipment and workspaces. Visit our facilities hub at www.ntu.ac.uk/artfacilities to find out more.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time11 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200