2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/ or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
Months of entry
This practice-based course is designed to help you develop the commercial, technical and conceptual skills demanded by the commercial photographic industry. With a focus on employability and entrepreneurship you'll undertake either a work placement or a live project with industry, in the UK or overseas.
Your coursework is based upon your own research question, from which you will develop your own photographic project. This can either be self-initiated or chosen from live briefs which reflect real-life, future facing, photographic challenges and opportunities.
To facilitate this project you will produce your own plan, a Learning Agreement, showing how you wish to develop as a commercial photographer within one of three specialist areas: portraiture and fashion; applied studio; and documentary photography.
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations.
- Choose to specialise in one of three areas: portraiture and fashion, applied studio, or documentary photography.
- Undertake an industry work placement or live project, in the UK or overseas.
- Take part in production workshops to help develop your existing skills.
- Have the opportunity to exhibit your work publicly.
- Go on a study visit to at least one photographic archive.
- Benefit from our staff’s international links and contacts across Europe.
- Take advantage of our excellent industry links, including companies such as Phase One, Genesis Imaging, Profoto, Wex Photographic, and Calumet.
- Join the 75 years’ worth of NTU graduates who have achieved success, won awards, or otherwise distinguished themselves in the field of photography.
Information for international students
English language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 115 848 8434