2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/ or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
Months of entry
This practice-based course is designed to develop the commercial, technical and creative skills to support a career within the commercial photographic industry. Your coursework will be comprised of a self-initiated project in relation to your individual subject interests, as well as live briefs set by staff. Collaborative projects will allow you to develop a substantial body of work, and enable you to embark upon your chosen area of commercial practice.
The course places a focus on employability and entrepreneurship, and is designed for you to undertake either a work placement or a live project with industry. This could take place in the UK or overseas.
Our Photography staff have expertise across a wide range of specialist photographic practices, and will support with you with flexible and responsive teaching and learning.
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
- Choose to develop a specialised practice, for example fashion, advertising and editorial, or documentary photography
- Undertake an industry work placement or live project, in the UK or overseas
- Enjoy technical and production workshops to help develop your existing skills
- Have the opportunity to exhibit your work publicly
- Benefit from our staff’s international links and contacts across Europe
- Take advantage of our excellent industry links, including companies such as Phase One, Genesis Imaging, Profoto, Wex Photographic, and Red Photographic
- Join the 75 years’ worth of NTU graduates who have achieved success, won awards, or otherwise distinguished themselves in the field of photography.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200