Normally you need;
• GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics and science, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English.
• a 2.2 degree or above.
• complete a declaration of criminal convictions and health check forms.
Candidates who are successful will demonstrate a sound understanding of teaching and how children learn, where possible within a school setting. We encourage all candidates to evidence their understanding by drawing on related examples or experiences, such as time spent in schools or other learning settings. Demonstrating an ability to make links between experience and knowledge, and their proposed career would be desirable.
Months of entry
Prepare for a rewarding primary teaching career on a course rated 'Outstanding' by OFSTED.
- Boost your career on a course with a 96% employment rate.
- Undertake 120 days of placement in Key Stage 1 and 2 settings, ensuring a rounded skillset.
- Gain a base for further studies; you obtain 60 credits towards a masters.
- Benefit from government bursaries and initiatives that make full-time teaching easily attainable.
This course allows you to meet the demands of primary education. You'll gain a thorough understanding of current science, English and mathematics teaching, and spend 120 days in local schools to cement your knowledge.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details