First or 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject, from a recognised university.
Months of entry
The programme aims:
- to provide a framework within which students can conduct a piece of original educational research relating to their own experience and interest;
- to develop fully trained and competent educational researchers, able to understand and use research techniques appropriate to their subject area and to be conversant with approaches used by other social scientists;
- to enable students to think through how they can use their existing knowledge and skills in different contexts and apply them to a variety of problems;
- to equip students to pursue other professional research activities subsequently.
This programme is recognised as being part of the following ESRC-funded South West Doctoral Training Centre (SWDTC) pathways:
- Education (discipline-specific pathway)
- Health & Wellbeing (interdisciplinary pathway)
- Global Political Economy: Transformations & Policy Analysis (interdisciplinary pathway)
- Environment, Energy & Resilience (interdisciplinary pathway)
Globalisation, International Education, Policy and Organisation (GIEPO) Philosophy, Language and Educational Practices (PLEP) Physical Cultural Studies (pcs@bath) We also work closely with the International Centre for Higher Education Management.
Information for international students
IELTS 7.0 (with not less than 6.5 in each of the four components). TOEFL 600 (paper-based test) or 250 (computer-based test) with a score of not less than 4 in the TWE or 100 (internet-based test) with not less than 24 in each of the components.
Fees and funding
View information on the funding opportunities: http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/research-programmes/funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1225 386753