n order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent).
Applicants must also have achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:2 at undergraduate level in Mathematics or Mathematics related modules such as Business Mathematics, Statistics or similar. If necessary we will assess the academic transcript for performance in Mathematics and Mathematics related modules. Alternatively A minimum of GCE A-Level grade B (or overseas equivalent) in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics or Statistics may be considered to meet the quantitative requirement.
Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.
Months of entry
Launch your global career as a business analyst by solving real-life problems for organisations across the world.
In a world that is constantly going through a digital transformation, data technology has never been so important. Businesses across the globe are seeking graduates who have an understanding of business, data analytic skills and, crucially, the ability to communicate these insights to make informed business decisions.
In their 2020 Global State of Enterprise Analytics report, the business intelligence company Microstrategy highlighted how 94% of enterprises view data analysis as being crucial for business growth.
Our MSc Business Analytics programme will allow you to gain an understanding of the theory and practice behind business analytics, giving you the essential skills that employers are looking for.
Who is this course for?
Our MSc Business Analytics programme is suited to those from a variety of backgrounds who are interested in conducting detailed data analysis and translating these insights to resolve practical business issues for a variety of different organisations from start-ups to global companies.
This programme is for those who already have experience relevant to business analytics or data science, those who would like to gain a qualification in this area, or those who would like to change careers to data analytics or the data science sector.
Why study this course at Birmingham
- Through our Business Analytics Capstone Project, you will gain the opportunity to gain relevant work experience through undertaking a group project which will involve analysing a set of data and delivering a presentation to communicate your findings.
- There will also be an opportunity for you to tailor the programme towards your interests with the Business Analytics micro-courses. In this 20-credit module, you will be able to choose extra-curricular business analytics content to be brought to your curriculum.
- Birmingham Business School is part of an elite group of global business schools that holds the Triple-Crown accreditation from leading bodies AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
- The ability to analyse data sets and communicate these insights is a skill that is highly in demand by companies across the globe who are looking to get ahead of their competitors by using the latest data to make significant changes.
- Birmingham has the largest city economy outside of London with key links to global companies, giving you the opportunity to network with a variety of different organisations.
Information for international students
- IELTS 6.5 with no less that 6.0 in any band
- TOEFL: 88 overall with no less than 21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) including online: PTE Academic 67 with no less than 64 in all four skills
- Cambridge English (exams taken from 2015): Advanced – minimum overall score of 176, with no less than 169 in any component
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements including our list of acceptable universities for further study at Birmingham.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service