The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent qualificaiton. Some professional qualifications at UK Level 6 may also be considered. Extensive professional experience may be considered in very exceptional cases.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided their Bachelor degree was UK taught, OR if they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent qualification.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.
Months of entry
January, March, May, July, September, November
Designed to develop knowledge and research skills in Data Science, an understanding of the ecology within which a Data Scientist operates and professional skills in Data Science techniques, the programme also fosters reflective and analytic approaches in work-based practice and research.
Graduates are expected to be able to analyse and critically evaluate projects and research outputs in Data Science, and to have a critical understanding of the data value chain in professional settings.
(*) Subject to mode of delivery approval
Fees and funding
Government funding and student loans:
There are various opportunities for government funding and student loans which you may be eligible to apply for. For more information you may visit:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-48 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Applicant Relations
- +44 (0) 208 223 3333