2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject or related discipline containing at least one fifth of all undergraduate credits in finance or mathematics. This is a generalist degree for students who have limited prior learning in the area of business and management. Those students who do have a record of relevant previous study in this area are advised to consider one of our specialist degrees:
- International Business & Entrepreneurship
- International Management & Leadership
- International Strategic Marketing
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The programme provides you with a detailed understanding of modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions, paying particular attention to international finance.
- You will receive an introduction to contemporary business and management issues, and an informed understanding of environmental and historical influences on business and management practice.
- You will be able to meet the challenges of managing in culturally diverse and highly fluid business contexts, and learn to use financial reports and information to meet the needs of an organisation.
- This programme will enhance your ability to interpret data, and give you the tools to compile reports of key findings and recommendations, understandable to managers of all functions.
You will take a series of core and optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a project, dealing with a topical management issue. There are also non-assessed, compulsory workshop programmes, involving participation in a series of reflective learning exercises that include induction events, strategic case analyses and debates. The taught courses comprise a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, simulations, fieldwork and project work, both in groups and individually.
- Business management and decision making
- Corporate finance
- Delivering performance
- Marketing management
- People in organisations
- Strategic management.
Optional courses may include
- International banking and financial management (Accounting & Finance)
- Mergers and acquisitions (Accounting & Finance).
MSc programmes emphasise reflective learning, active participation, and the development of interpretive, evaluative and problem-solving abilities which provide benefits for employers and enhance the career prospects of our graduates. Many students have taken fast track routes to senior positions such as Financial Analyst, Development Executive, and Contract Manager. Some international companies which have appointed our graduates include Siemens, Citigroup, and Procter and Gamble.
Our dedicated College of Social Sciences Employability Officer works with students to enhance their employability.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The MSc in Management with International Finance provides you with a detailed understanding of modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions, paying particular attention to international finance. It will enable you to appraise financial techniques that are used to enable managers to solve short-term and long-term business problems.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School