An applicant 2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject or related discipline containing at least one fifth of all undergraduate credits in finance or mathematics. This is a Generalist degree for students who have limited prior learning in the area of Business and Management. Those students who do have a record of relevant previous study in this area are advised to consider one of our Specialist degrees: International Business & Entrepreneurship, International Management & Leadership or International Strategic Marketing.
Months of entry
The programme provides you with a detailed understanding of modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions, paying particular attention to international finance.
- You will work with a peer group of like-minded students at a similar stage in their management development, and with complementary interests and ambitions.
- It is an engaging and stimulating learning experience, with staff and students coming together in a vibrant postgraduate community.
- The Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened and enterprising graduates and internationally recognised research with real socio-economic impact.
- The School is an accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take six core courses, two optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a project, dealing with a topical management issue. There are also non-assessed, compulsory workshop programmes, involving participation in a series of reflective learning exercises that include induction events, strategic case analysis and debates.
You will learn to use financial reports and information to meet the needs of an organisation.
The taught courses will enhance your ability to interpret data, and give you the tools to compile reports of key findings and recommendations, understandable to managers of all functions.
The taught courses comprise a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, fieldwork and project work, both in groups and individually.
- Business management and decision making
- Delivering performance
- International corporate finance
- Marketing management
- People in organisations
- Strategic management.
- Entrepreneurial finance
- International banking and financial management (Accounting & Finance)
- Mergers and acquisitions (Accounting & Finance).
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. IELTS: overall score 6.5; no sub-test less than 6.0. ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School