Applications are considered on an individual basis, with particular consideration given to the applicant's practical experience.
Months of entry
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations.
- If you satisfy the progression requirements, this qualification provides an entrance route to the MSc in City & Regional Planning, MSc in City Planning & Regeneration and MSc in City Planning & Real Estate Development.
- You can gain this qualification in a manner that works best with your professional commitments, either through one year of full-time study or on a modular basis over two or more years.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
You will take four core courses and choose from a range of optional courses. Courses will involve you attending lectures, seminars and tutorials and taking part in project, lab, field and team work.
Core courses will provide you with an understanding of the fundamental concepts in planning and apply them to particular case studies. The key areas of spatial planning you will examine are
- Planning systems and process
- Governance and markets policies and processes
- Spatial planning strategies
Career opportunities include positions in local and national government and private-sectors consultancies in spatial planning, development management and regeneration.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The course duration is up to 48 months on a modular basis.
Course contact details
- James White