An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above) in Business, Management, or any other discipline that includes a quantitative or computing element.:
- An honours degree (at level 2:2 or above)
- A higher degree
- A professional qualification of equivalent standard in any discipline
This may be from a UK university, or equivalent, or a recognized overseas university.
Where an applicant does not meet the above requirement their application may be considered on an individual basis, where they can demonstrate significant management experience.
Months of entry
The course has been developed to enable you to develop advanced knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Business Analytical Methods and Information Technology
- Business Problem Structuring and Solving
- Consultancy Skills in the Business Environment
These themes are explored through modules in Business Analytics, Computer Simulation, Creative Problem Solving, Consultancy Skills and Business Statistics. The course also includes a project based module where you will solve a problem for a client using the knowledge and skills acquired during your study. There is then a further applied consultancy project, which allows you to independently research, investigate and analyse a current business problem.
The course focuses on:
- computational, mathematical, philosophical and management science approaches to business analysis
- developing problem solving skills
- enhancing your ability to use business software and other information technology
- encouraging independent and creative thinking
- effective communication in all formats appropriate to a business environment.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees are charged annually. The fees quoted above are for the specified year(s) only. Fees may be higher in future years, for both new and continuing students. Please see the University’s Fees and Finance Policy (and in particular the section headed “When tuition fees change”), for further information about when and by how much the University may increase its fees for future years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time30-36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University Switchboard
- +44 (0)1707 284800