The normal entry requirements for the programme are a good first degree i.e. 2:1 or 2:2 in any discipline. However, recognising that people often need a second chance, we also accept students with a borderline 3rd/2.2. We also accept a degree equivalent professional qualification or appropriate work experience combined with a relevant qualification.
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered:
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
- Other English language tests are accepted.
Months of entry
MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development is designed to develop master’s level knowledge and skills within the marketing discipline and to enhance employability within this field.
The Programme offers 3 award routes that you can choose to study:
- One-year full-time MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development
- Two year full-time MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development (Sandwich)
- Two year MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development (Experiential Learning).
The two-year full-time MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development welcomes you for a September entry only.
The course offers you the opportunity to explore Global Business Development in several areas. It deepens your marketing knowledge and understanding by laying a foundation through modules covering competitive advantage, integrated marketing communications, strategic customer engagement, and contemporary marketing. You also cover entrepreneurial marketing as we recognise that marketing in small organisations is different to that in large organisations.
You will have the opportunity to focus on proposal and bid management, explore effective marketing management and global business development. You will also explore entrepreneurial marketing. There will also be the opportunity to conduct either an independent major research project within your area of interest or an applied marketing project.
You will also build a strong network of marketing contacts. Some will become your close friends, and a few may even become your future colleagues.
This MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development has been designed for:
- Graduates who have an undergraduate degree in marketing and want to specialize further while focused on Global Business Development
- Graduates who have an undergraduate degree in another discipline but want to specialize in marketing while focused on Global Business Development
- Marketing professionals who want to specialize even further within the discipline of Global Business Development.
This course provides a world-recognised master’s degree, together with relevant practical experience, giving you a unique combination of sought-after skills that are transferrable to a wide range of sectors.
The one-year full-time programme is a great opportunity for students wanting to pursue traditional postgraduate study in the UK. The two-year full-time programme is a great opportunity for those who want to dive even deeper into the world of marketing by experiencing practice within the field. All pathways provide the opportunity to:
- Study a range of marketing and global business subjects from a holistic perspective in a marketing context
- Develop a unique combination of skills that are transferrable to a professional workplace and sought after by employers worldwide
- Engage in a wider university curriculum within our diverse community, and enhance your employability to graduate with more than just a degree
- Personalise your study through research options that include a dissertation or applied marketing project that applies to Global business development
- Network with the larger community of students and faculty to gain more experience and connections within the community.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Diane Morrad