Applicants should have:
- A good second-class honours degree, or equivalent, with the merit of each application being assessed on an individual basis. Contact Dr Benjamin Nutt for more details.
- Short personal statement with background information all about you (no more than 1000 words), explaining why you have interest in international relations.
- A work or academic reference.
Months of entry
MA International Relations with Advanced Research is aimed at applicants following a research career path in communications, and fields such as government departments, non-governmental organisations, businesses, marketing, or journalism.
The course provides students with a contemporary, critical, and exciting insight into the vagaries of global politics. Students will study a range of modules, taught by research-active staff who are experts in their fields.
Applicants have a one-year option with additional placement-year and this advanced research pathway, available to suit your individual interests and career aspirations.
Information for international students
- All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in Writing and 6.0 in all other bands.
- If you do not have the required IELTS or equivalent for direct entry on to your degree programme, our Pre-sessional English may help you to achieve this level.
- More information about English language qualifications are available on our international pages.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Benjamin Nutt
- 01707 284 000