We require at least 2:2 (or equivalent) in any subject. Graduates with an honours degree in any discipline who have otherwise demonstrated potential to succeed at postgraduate level journalism and media communications will also be considered. You'll also need to provide a personal statement and work or academic reference.
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other bands.
If you do not have the required IELTS or equivalent for direct entry on to your degree programme, our Pre-sessional English may help you to achieve this level.
Months of entry
Our MA Journalism & Media Communications is a full-time taught programme. This course enables you to extend your knowledge and skills in the media. You’ll meet students from around the world, forming close friendships and strengthening your international awareness.
- Our extensive links with the media industry including, membership of the Public Relations and Communications Association and educational membership of the British Society for Magazine Editors.
- Guest speakers contributing to the programme. Previous talks have welcomed journalists from Sky News, the editor of Marie Claire, an investigative journalist from the BBC and head of a media agency.
- Series of ‘afternoon tea’ sessions with industry speakers
- Being supported to find valuable work experience. Previous students have gained placements with the BBC, Sunday Times and a variety of PR agencies.
Information for international students
Find more information on English language qualifications within our international pages.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
MA Journalism & Media Communications enables students to select from a number of brilliant career-building pathways to include:
The course will support your choice specialism, explore current practices and have you learn from award-winning media experts.
Course contact details
- Genevieve Bosah
- 01707 284 000