Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- A BSc or BEng Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Computing or Engineering or scientific related subject or an equivalent professional qualification
- Applicants are expected to be familiar with and have some aptitude for Discrete Mathematics and Predicate Calculus
- Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level - the qualification and experience should be in the area of Computer Science or Mathematics/Engineering
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
In the UK, we have seen a huge expansion in artificial intelligence (AI) during the last decade, showcasing that the UK economy is aiming to use AI to position itself at the forefront of the revolution. Data shows that the AI sector is worth over £15.6bn and employs more than 35,000 people.* This means that AI has rapidly become a medium-sized sector in the UK economy and has the potential to participate in other sectors’ growth.
Demand for AI talent in AI techniques, such as machine learning, is increasing rapidly. Action is needed now to ensure the skills pipeline can meet the needs of industry now and in the future. This course will aim to develop your knowledge and understanding to an advanced level across a range of areas including:
- autonomous systems
- knowledge representation and reasoning
- data mining
- machine learning
Our aim is to equip you with an understanding of the fundamental approaches to implementing intelligent behaviour in machines. This should then enable you to match applications with appropriate AI techniques for their solution and be able to construct and configure solutions using a range of AI technologies.
We also offer this course as a part-time Distance Learning route.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957507