Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- A BSc or BEng Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Computing or Engineering or scientific related subject or an equivalent professional qualification
- Applicants are expected to be familiar with and have some aptitude for Discrete Mathematics and Predicate Calculus
- Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level - the qualification and experience should be in the area of Computer Science or Mathematics/Engineering
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with 6.0 in Writing and no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
Increased use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) can bring major social and economic benefits to the UK. Skilled experts are needed to develop AI and they are in short supply. To develop more AI, the UK will need a larger workforce with deeper AI expertise.*
This course is designed to meet the demand for a new kind of IT specialist with skills and knowledge in intelligent systems.
Recent developments in machine learning and the success of high profile AI applications have resulted in governments globally promoting the area as a central component of future technologies in many application areas. This course will aim to develop your knowledge and understanding to an advanced level across a range of areas including:
- autonomous systems
- knowledge representation and reasoning
- data mining
- machine learning
Our aim is to equip you with an understanding of the fundamental approaches to implementing intelligent behaviour in machines. This should then enable you to match applications with appropriate AI techniques for their solution, and be able to construct and configure solutions using a range of AI technologies.
*gov.uk, 2017, Growing the artificial intelligence industry in the UK.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 473116