You should have an honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
The University will determine whether a degree can be recognised as UK equivalent.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
If you’re currently in a position of responsibility either in the education or public service sector and would like to take on more of a leadership role, then this course could be for you. This course will focus on developing your own effectiveness as a manager by considering wider theories, research and strategies whilst also developing your skills as a leader.
Why Education (Leadership and Management)?
- You’ll consider the role of the leader, how that role links to and differs from management and the development that may be required. You’ll look at the concepts of vision, values, culture, strategic planning.
- You’ll have the opportunity to reflect upon your personal professional practice, considering current theories and research about learning and development through a variety of teaching and learning strategies. You’ll be supported to enhance your understanding of the policy and practice context in which practitioners and managers are operating. The course could help you to progress into middle and senior management roles.
- The course is tailored around you.You can expand on your teaching and learning focus by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- On this course you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice.You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of leadership and management for your dissertation.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478261