Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- an Honours degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification.
- current experience of teaching, assessing and supporting students within a Higher Education context.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
Whether you’re a newly qualified or experienced member of staff teaching on higher education programmes, this course allows you to work towards being awarded your all-important [Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)|https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/].
Why Higher Education MA?
- HEA Fellowship brings a range of benefits to develop and progress your career. It provides a valuable measure of success and is increasingly sought by employers across the higher education sector as a condition of appointment and promotion. Advance HE (formerly the Higher Education Academy) works with higher education providers and organisations to improve the professional experience of HE teachers through fellowships, accreditation, awards and professional development.
- The Higher Education MA provides a flexible development programme in teaching and learning for staff already teaching higher education courses. The course aims to enable you to become a competent and skilled practitioner in all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment in higher education.
- You’ll be encouraged to embrace professional values and attitudes to teaching, learning and assessment and the course provides a framework which enables you to do this. Through this process you’ll be encouraged to reflect upon your own professional experiences and set up your own targets for professional development. This enables you to evidence engagement with the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) and gain Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers and have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478249