Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- an Honours degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
Whether you already work within a higher education setting or aspire to do so, this course could be for you. You will explore relevant educational theory as well as the practices that are used to design and deliver higher education courses. The course would be beneficial to those who are already qualified higher education teachers, as well as current or aspiring administrators, managers and student support professionals within this global sector.
Why Higher Education MA?
- You will consider how higher education programmes are designed, how to encourage student engagement and how to quality assure and administer higher education courses.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of higher education for your dissertation.
- A further key component is the ability to exchange and share learning with and from others; you’ll have ample opportunities to work with students from a wide range of disciplines and organisations.
- The course is tailored around you. You can expand on your teaching and learning focus by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478261