Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
In addition, you will be invited for an interview to assess your oral and written skills and your suitability for and interest in the placement part of the course.
For international students whose first language is not English:
- The University will determine whether a degree can be recognised as UK equivalent.
- You will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in Speaking and no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This 18-month course is for students who want to study TESOL and gain some work-based experience in the UK. Designed specifically for those with little or no teaching experience, it offers the opportunity to complete the 12-month MA TESOL and then undertake an additional 6-month teaching placement, making the course 18 months in length. This will allow you to put into practice the skills and techniques developed throughout the Master’s degree. Your placement will involve teaching international students within the University with support from our experienced TESOL staff.
- You’ll develop your understanding of English language classroom practice from an international perspective, including lesson planning, development of learning resources and teaching and assessment methods, all of which prepare you for teaching across the globe.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop research and evaluation skills and learn how to apply these to a range of professional contexts.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers and have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 257282