You must hold:
- Current registration on Part 1 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register, Health and Care Professions Council or the General Pharmaceutical Council. A period of 3 years post-registration experience will be required.
- A first degree in Nursing, your specialism or another relevant health related subject is also required, or you must provide other evidence of your ability to study at postgraduate level.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
The development of the Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) role is one of the ways the Government is modernising the National Health Service and reshaping the workforce aiming to improve the quality of healthcare and meet the changing needs of the population. Advanced clinical practice is delivered by experienced, registered healthcare practitioners in a role characterised by a high degree of autonomy and decision making in a context of complexity and uncertainty, holding accountability for decisions made.
- The course includes theoretical and clinically focused modules that enable you to meet the 4 pillars of professional practice – clinical practice, leadership and management, education, research - and associated core capabilities at the level of advanced clinical practice articulated in HEE (2017) Multi-professional Framework for ACP.
- The course provides theoretical and clinically focused education and training to support the expansion of practice and the development of new skills; specifically, clinical history taking, clinical examination skills and consultation skills.
- It offers you the opportunity to enhance your current knowledge and practice related to the 4 pillars of advanced clinical practice, and may lead to career progression into advanced level roles across all specialities of practice.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility related to advanced clinical practice.
- This course is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472561