Have an honours degree at 2:2 or above or can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree standard. We will consider other qualifications and experience on an individual case basis.
You must be a health or social care practitioner, registered with a professional body such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Currently working in an emergency care setting and have at least 12 months post-registration employment.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
January, April, September
This course is designed for health professionals working in an emergency care setting. It provides academic accreditation to the specialist knowledge and skills required to work in the field of emergency care. The course aims to encourage clinical and professional development, leadership skills and career progression in emergency care.
- The course content is informed by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) National Curriculum and Framework for Emergency Nursing. It provides a foundation for caring for people throughout the life span and with conditions specific to all body systems.
- Elements unique to emergency care will be covered including major incident management, emergency care of children and younger people and minor injury management as well as emergency mental health care. In addition, the course will include initial assessment and treatment of acutely ill adults.
- Specific cross-cutting themes such as medicines management and safeguarding concerns will be integrated throughout the course elements.
- You will have opportunity to study with colleagues from other disciplines and specialties and engage in simulation-based learning activities to develop team work and critical understanding.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472699