Entry requirements for this course are:
- Be a health care professional, with sufficient post qualifying experience that has extended your professional knowledge, relevant to your field of practice, to at least first-degree level.
- Have an Honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at all healthcare professionals wishing to gain a recognised teaching qualification. It explores teaching and learning theory and practice within a national and international context. This will enable you to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities related to evidence-based learning and teaching and assessment, which you will be able to apply within a range of academic and health professional settings.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility. Keynote speakers will also contribute to the course to enhance your learning.
- You will be a taught in a stimulating and supportive learning environment that draws on expert knowledge, research and applied practice.
- As part of the teaching hours requirement of the practice portfolio, you will have opportunities to develop and enhance integration of scholarship, research and professional activities in relation to teaching and supporting learning.
- As part of the practice portfolio, you will be supported to reflect on and continue to develop your current and ongoing knowledge, skills and competence as an educator.
The practice portfolio provides a medium for recording your progress and creates an effective professional and personal portfolio whilst ensuring quality provision for learners under your supervision. It is linked to professional body requirements and helps you to achieve your individual career aspirations in relation to teaching and supporting learning.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957504