Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- Applicants must currently work in a health or social care setting. You must be registered with a relevant statutory body such as the NMC or HCPC if you would like to undertake modules linked to UK professional body recognition.
- International students must be registered with a relevant professional body in their country of origin and will not be eligible for any NMC or HCPC recognition whilst undertaking this course or on its completion.
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification appropriate to that of the proposed programme to be followed.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages. If you have alternative qualifications or do not meet the IELTS requirement we also offer a range of Pre-Sessional English Programmes.
You may be eligible to gain Recognition for your Prior Learning (RPL).
Months of entry
This course offers registered healthcare practitioners the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills within their specialist area of practice. It provides you with an innovative and flexible approach to learning, as well as a range of modules which enable you to develop a course to meet your individual learning needs. You will have the opportunity to develop your advanced thinking and leadership skills. These will be closely linked to your personal and practice development, as well as the needs of the changing workforce.
- This course has been designed to take workforce development priorities into consideration, all of the modules were developed in partnership with educational leads from clinical practice and aim to support your knowledge development and application in practice.
- Through personal development planning you will be encouraged to reflect on and continue to develop your knowledge, skills and competence as a professional.
- Personal development processes provide a medium for recording your progress and creating an effective CV which may be used to update your personal portfolio linked to professional body requirements.
- Learning is facilitated from our contemporary, purpose built campus which is supported by exceptional online resources and computing and library services.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472699