Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- You must be a Health or Social Care Practitioner, registered with a professional body such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) with at least 12 months post-registration employment.
- Have an honours degree at 2:2 or above, have studied at honours level or can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree standard. We will consider other qualifications and experience on an individual case basis.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at health and social care professionals who are working within a role involving caring for people with long-term conditions. It offers you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of long-term clinical management of the individual with a long-term condition.
- You will consider the implications for patients and carers facing the reality of living well or dying as a result of a long-term condition.
- It will assist you in developing your history taking, diagnostic reasoning, clinical assessment and examination skills, in order to inform the principles of case management and therapeutic interventions.
- Your learning will be enhanced through the opportunity to meet service users within the University setting and discuss the implications of living with a long-term condition.
- You will have the opportunity to explore research relevant to your individual professional developmental needs and apply this in your specialist area of practice.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472699