Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- You are required to have completed and passed the Master of Public Health (Global) Course
- Provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This unique specialist course combines the taught elements of the Master of Public Health (Global) with work-based learning. The course is especially suited to those students who wish to develop their experience and capabilities of global public health within a related setting.
- The course provides you with the opportunity to integrate theory and engage with practice in a negotiated work-based learning experience.
- The course offers you the opportunity to develop and enhance your current knowledge of global public health, strategic thinking and leadership skills, whilst examining the changing political landscape of public health environments in an international context.
- You will study alongside a diverse range of students from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds from the UK and overseas, bringing a richness to the course which will enhance your learning.
- A range of innovative assessment approaches will be used which have been designed to prepare you to work in leadership roles within the public health field, using evidence-based practice.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility related to contemporary public health both in the UK and overseas. The course benefits from regular speakers from local and central UK government agencies such as Public Health England and the Department of Health.
- Additional support will be provided for the enhancement of academic and curriculum skills such as academic writing skills, presentation skills and personal journal development.
Not only do future Public Health professionals graduate from this course, but it also provides a clear platform for those wishing to commence doctoral studies. It will be of particular interest to those individuals and professionals who aspire to become leaders in and influence the public health agenda in the UK and overseas.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957504