Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- to be a registered health or social care professional with a minimum of 12 months post registration experience.
- to be registered with an appropriate governing body.
- to be currently working in a healthcare environment in which you are caring for clients with tissue viability/wound conditions.
- to have an Honours degree or evidence of degree level study.
- to be able to identify a suitable mentor in clinical practice who will support you throughout the duration of the course. Part of the assessment for this course is the completion of an on-line practice-based portfolio, this portfolio is assessed by your mentor. Therefore, the mentor must be a recognised expert/specialist in the field of tissue viability and leg ulcer management.
In order to successfully study this distance learning course, you must also have:
- access to a computer with a reliable internet connection.
- the ability to access and use online study guidance and support.
- appropriate video and audio devices so that you can participate in webinar tutorials.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at health or social care professionals who would like to gain or enhance their knowledge of tissue viability and wound management. It offers you the opportunity to develop an understanding of the complex body of knowledge in relation to tissue viability and leg ulcer management. This level of knowledge and skills will help reduce unwarranted variations in clinical practice, resulting in clinical effectiveness and improved patient experience.
- It is the only fully online University accredited course at Master’s level which relates to tissue viability and leg ulcer management within the United Kingdom.
- You will be taught by experts in these specialist fields who are recognised as national and international key opinion leaders.
- As this course is distance learning you are not required to attend the University and can study at a time that meets your own personal and professional commitments.
- Excellent student support will be provided through fortnightly webinars and one to one tutorials.
- The course will assist you in developing the skills required to critically discuss, explore and analyse existing and developing theories and concepts that underpin tissue viability and leg ulcer management. It will also help you to understand the political, local, national and international drivers that can affect resource management.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957504