Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, or equivalent industrial and work experience in the construction industry or other related field.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Months of entry
January, May, July, September
If you see yourself leading multi-organisational teams on a construction project, but need to hone your management skills first, you’ve come to the right place.
On this course, you’ll examine construction project management from all angles. You’ll consider the economic, social and environmental issues that can affect various ventures.
You’ll also familiarise yourself with the main tools and techniques available for project management, including Building Information Modelling (BIM) processes and other essential software.
Whether you’re looking to improve your leadership abilities within your current role or move into a more senior position, you’ll leave this course with the skills and confidence to manage complex construction projects.
What you’ll study
This course examines whole projects from initiation through to delivery. You’ll be challenged to examine real case studies so you’re ready to face any obstacles construction projects can encounter.
On this course, you'll:
- Learn to consider construction project management as an integrated process, starting when clients make the initial decision to begin a construction project
- Develop a critical understanding of the economic, social and environmental issues that affect large construction projects, as well as the expertise to address them
- Gain experience with BIM processes and Revit software, and understand the information management behind it
- Examine the range of tools and techniques available for project management, including how to apply them and justify their use
- Become familiar with the laws surrounding construction, including construction contract law and other forms of liability
Work experience and career planning
Our MSc Project Management for Construction is designed to develop the skills you need to succeed within a leading role in a construction project.
Alongside familiarising you with key tools and processes, the research and critical discussions you’ll participate in will help build the confidence, communicativeness, and attention to detail that organisations actively seek.
These skills, coupled with the support you can receive from our exceptional Careers and Employability Service, will help position you as a valuable hire to employers across the world.
Fees and funding
For information about fees and funding your studies, please visit: https://www.port.ac.uk/study/masters-and-postgraduate-taught/fees-and-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Study Online
- +44 (0)23 9400 3692