Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a technical or analytical discipline (Architecture, Construction Management, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Civil, Surveying, Project Management). Exceptionally, applicants from non-technical/analytical disciplines but with proven and substantiated experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) fields will be considered. Applicants may be subject to interview.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Months of entry
The Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry (AEC) is changing. If you’re interested in a career in Building Information Modelling/Management (BIM), which is becoming the industry standard for the design, building and management of modern structures, this course is for you.
On this MSc Building Information Management (BIM) degree course, you’ll cover the fundamentals of project and financial management and learn to integrate exciting new technology.
With this MSc in Building Information and Management, you can pursue careers in the architecture, engineering and construction industries, as well as higher education, the arts, conservation, and management.
Accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (ICE, ICIHT, IHE and IStructE on behalf of the Engineering Council) meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
What you'll experience
- Cover the fundamentals of project and financial management software such as Revit, CostX, Synchro, as well as design software such as AutoCAD
- Learn how to integrate the new technology and methodologies of building information modelling with the established principles of planning and project management
- Explore the practical and theoretical applications - and challenges - of building information modelling and management and become an advocate and enabler of its adoption by industry
- Choose to study full-time over one year, part-time over two years on campus or part-time over two years by distance learning
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course.
We can help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies and build your portfolio.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your building information modelling and management skills to work in the industry.
Graduates typically go on to pursue careers in:
- engineering construction
- higher education
- the arts
- project management
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)23 9284 5566